Holes should not be drilled in your apartment without our prior written consent, nor should any nails, hooks, or screws be used on any floors, doors, windows, tub, shower, appliances, or fixtures in the apartment.
Nothing should be fastened to the floors, doors, windows, walls, appliances, or fixtures in the apartment, the exterior walls, or porches of the buildings.
Please refrain from hanging signs, advertisements, or notices on the outside or inside of any apartment or building.
Locks on the doors leading to the apartment should not be altered without our consent. We must have a key to every lock at all times, and every lock must be compatible with the master key system for the building.
Please do not use the balcony, patio, or terrace of your apartment to store personal property.
Additionally, no towels, rags, rugs, laundry, or other items should be hung from any balcony or terrace, nor should anything be thrown or dropped from the windows, balcony or terrace.
The Baltimore County Fire Code prohibits the use or storage of any charcoal grill, gas grill, or any other open flame cooking equipment on any balcony or patio of any multi-family building such as an apartment building. Storage of propane tanks, charcoal, and lighter fluid is also prohibited.
The civil penalty for violation of the Fire Code is a fine not to exceed $250.00 for the first offense, $500.00 for the second offense, and $1,000.00 for every subsequent offense.
“Common Areas” are described as the pavilion, volleyball area, pool area, playgrounds, clubhouse, tennis courts, fitness trail, hallways, or any other general area shared by all residents.
Please take a moment to review the following rules and regulations for our common areas. These rules are to help ensure a friendly and inviting community for all residents and visitors.
- All common areas are closed 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Residents, their family, and their guests are to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb their neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment or constitute a nuisance. Noise, odors, or any other action, which causes unreasonable disturbance to other residents or interferes with their rights, comforts, or convenience are not permitted.
- No skateboarding, rollerblading, or biking in the pavilion area or on playground equipment. Please utilize the fitness trail.
- Please do not throw trash, cigarette butts, or any item from balconies or windows.
- Dispose of household trash at the Central Waste Facility located at the Copper Ridge Drive entrance to the community.
- Utilize the property’s trash receptacles to dispose of any litter or debris.
- Please pick-up after your pet.
- Net games, playing ball, Frisbee throwing, etc., are limited to large grassy areas and away from buildings and parking lots.
Failure to comply with the abovementioned regulations may result in fines and/or a 30-day notice to vacate.
Common areas, sidewalks, entrances, lobbies, hallways, elevators, or stairways of the community should not be used for any purpose other than entry and exit. Please do not place or store furniture, equipment, or personal articles in any common areas for any period of time. We may remove any such items at any time, at your expense, including any storage costs.
All equipment located in your apartment or community should be used in a reasonable and careful manner. Equipment includes such things as toilets, sinks, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, building access system, elevators, appliances, or other facilities. If you or your family, guests, or visitors use any equipment in a manner that causes damage to the equipment, you could be held responsible for the costs of repairing or replacing it.
If your community has a pool, you must pay any required fees prior to usage. For your safety, please obey all pool rules and regulations.
Games, sports, and other recreational activities are permitted only in designated areas. All rules and regulations must be obeyed including the days and hours that recreational facilities may be used.
We may at any time discontinue any recreational services or close down facilities either temporarily or permanently.
Items which weigh more than we determine is reasonable for the floor loading of the apartment are not permitted. You must check with us before bringing heavy items (i.e., waterbeds, safes, etc.) into the apartment.
When residents and the property management team work together, pests can be prevented. Maintaining clean and clutter-free homes and adhering to these recommendations may help you enjoy a pest-free environment.
- Keep clutter to a minimum. Remove stacks of newspapers, magazines, or cardboard.
- Vacuum carpeting more than once a week. Vacuum thoroughly; a small crumb is a feast for any pest.
- Store dry or prepared food in sealed plastic or glass containers.
- Remove kitchen trash before nightfall. Empty all other trash containers frequently.
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them into your home.
- Report to your Service Team when and where you see pests.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Keep your dishwasher closed or empty.
- Pick up and clean pet food bowls when your pets are done eating.
- If applicable, follow all instructions given by pest control professionals.
- Do not use any store bought liquid sprays after professional treatment in your home.
- Do not feed pests by allowing cooking grease, oils, or other food particles to remain in your kitchen.
- Do not leave unwashed dishes in the sink overnight.
- Do not let water accumulate anywhere in your home. Report water issues to your Service Team promptly.
- Do not keep paper bags or cardboard. Insects feed on the glue and nest in the folds.
- Do not use strong cleaners around pest control baits.
If locked out during business hours, you can go to the Maintenance Office to borrow a key. A $35 lock-out fee is charged should a resident be locked out after normal business hours. If locked-out, you must present photo ID in order to gain entry to your apartment.
The speed limit throughout the community is 15 mph. As you know, this community has a huge amount of pedestrian traffic from joggers, children at play, mothers pushing baby carriages etc. Additionally, our mature landscaping and rolling hills require our residents to pay particular attention as they are driving through the community. We are asking that you please be mindful of your neighbors and slow down! The posted speed limit is a Maryland law and the police may be called if a member of our staff notes any violations within the community.
Please keep in mind we may remove any vehicle at the owner’s expense if it appears abandoned, inoperable, does not display an inspection sticker and/or license plates, or the inspection and/or registration is expired.
Due to local water restrictions and hazardous substance ordinances, we cannot allow residents or their guests to work on their vehicles in the community parking areas.
The following parking/towing policies are in place at Bonnie Ridge Apartments:
All vehicles must have current, legal tags and inspection stickers. Vehicles will be towed immediately after expiration date.
All vehicles must be in operable condition. No flat tires, missing parts, or severely damaged parts causing vehicle to be inoperable are accepted.
No abandoned vehicles are allowed on this property.
There is no assigned parking and no parking permits.
Please obey all parking and traffic regulations posted on any private streets, roads, or drives.
Parking areas are to be used only to park, load, and unload motor vehicles.
Please note that there are handicapped parking spaces that have been designated by the community. Please do not park in these spaces without a handicapped permit or your vehicle will be towed.
Your vehicle may be towed without notice at your expense if you:
- Park in a fire lane
- Park in a no parking area
- Block a fire hydrant, refuse container, or another vehicle.
- Park or drive onto sidewalk or grass
- Double park
- Park in two spaces
- Park in an unmarked area/space
- Park in yellow or red zones
Oversized vehicles, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles, boats, or trailers may not be parked in the community without our consent.
Any vehicle found in violation of these policies will be towed at the owner’s expense.
If your vehicle has been towed or impounded, please contact Henry's Wrecker Service for further information to obtain your vehicle.
Henry's Wrecker Service
1413 Shoemaker Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21209
Local Lot: (410) 296-0364
FAX (410) 296-7918
If you see a vehicle that fits any of the listed descriptions, please notify Henry's Wrecker Service or the Leasing Office.
Should you require a short-term extension for repairs or delivery of tags, etc., it is your responsibility to meet with one of our associates to complete a “Do Not Tow Request Form.” This form must be approved and signed by Management to temporarily delay towing.
All residents, their family, and guests should conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb their neighbors or community staff. Noise, odors, or any other actions that cause a disturbance are not permitted. Please do not interfere with the rights, comforts, or convenience of other residents or community staff.
Remember you are responsible for the conduct of your family, friends, guests, and anyone you invite into the community.
We will make reasonable efforts to stop neighbors from disturbing your peace, but we cannot be responsible for controlling their actions. If you are seriously disturbed by activities at your neighbor’s apartment, please call the police.
Cats & dogs are welcome at your community. A Pet Agreement is required for all pets and additional fees apply. Any violation of pet rules and regulations can result in charges to your account, loss of pet privileges, or eviction. See restrictions below.
Number of Pets
Pet Friendly Areas
Pets may be restricted to certain buildings and/or floor levels within the community.
Service Animals or Assistance Animals for Disabled
Service animals or other assistance animals for disabled residents will always be permitted with verification that the resident qualifies as disabled and requires the animal in order to have equal opportunity to use and enjoy the apartment and community. A Pet Addendum will be required; however, all fees, deposits, and renters’ insurance requirements specific to the animal will be waived. Rules and regulations will apply to the animal.
The following dog breeds are not allowed (no full or mix of any of the following):
- Alaskan Malamute
- American Bulldog
- Dogo Argentino
- German Shepherd
- Presa Canario
- Staffordshire Terrier/Pit Bull
or any other breed prohibited by management for life/safety reasons. We may change the restricted breed list after thirty (30) days notice; however, if such change means that your dog will no longer be allowed, then your dog will nonetheless be permitted (grandfathered) until the expiration of your then-current lease term. No “visiting” pets are allowed.
Pet Rules and Regulations
- Pets must be licensed and immunized in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Dogs are not allowed outside the apartment unless on a leash (in accordance with local leash laws) and under your control or under the control of your designated responsible person.
- Cats must be indoors only. Only domestic breeds are allowed.
- Pets must not be left alone, at any time, outside the apartment. Animal control will be called to remove any pets left unattended within the community.
- Dogs may not be tied to any fixed object (such as a tree) anywhere in the community. You may not keep your pet on the balconies or patios unleashed or unattended at any time.
- No pets are allowed in the swimming pool areas, other apartments, laundry rooms, offices, clubrooms, or other recreational facilities, except as required by applicable laws related to service animals or other assistance animals.
- Dogs and cats must be housebroken. Dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered, and no pet offspring are allowed.
- Pets must be walked and curbed only in designated areas. You are responsible for immediate clean-up of pet waste. Pet waste is to be disposed of properly in plastic bags and placed in the dumpsters or other designated dog stations.
- You will not allow any pet to become a nuisance or danger to other residents, which includes, but is not limited to, biting, excessive barking, or whining.
- Upon maintenance requests, dogs must be restricted to an area not affected by the service request.
- You are responsible for any extermination fees incurred as a result of keeping a pet in the apartment.
We may change any of the above Pet Rules and Regulations after thirty (30) days’ notice.
Various recycling containers are located at the community dumpster near Smith Avenue.
Please do not bring anything into your apartment or the community that increases the risk of fire. Things that could cause an increased risk of fire include flammable oils, fluids, propane, benzene, gasoline, kerosene, or other hazardous materials.
Please refrain from cooking or barbequing on a porch, patio, balcony, or within 15 feet of any building, except as expressly permitted by your community.
You are permitted to install satellite antenna and/or dishes subject to the following restrictions and requirements:
- The dish may not exceed one meter in diameter.
- The dish or antenna may only be placed on a balcony, railing or patio totally within the premises being leased (not in any common area or any other area not leased exclusively by you, including any outside wall, outside windowsill, roof, common area balcony, stair well or other common area).
- The antenna or dish may not extend beyond the balcony railing line or patio edge.
- No holes may be made in any wall, roof, railing or glass for purposes of installation or hookup.
- We reserve the right to prohibit installation if the antenna or dish poses a safety concern, all as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- We recommend that you obtain the services of a professional installer to properly install and connect the antenna and/or dish. No holes in the premises (wall, roof, railing or glass or any other part of the building in which the Apartment is located) will be made for the purpose of wiring and further that you shall not splice or connect the antenna or dish to existing wiring.
Failure to abide by the provisions of this Lease Addendum shall constitute us the right to remove the antenna or dish at your sole cost and expense.
We have contracted a company called BrightView for snow and ice removal operations. Please adhere to the following guidelines related to snow removal:
- All communications regarding snow removal operations should be directed to our Leasing Office (e.g., if plowing or sidewalk clearing has not occurred in your section of the community). If the office is closed due to inclement weather, please leave a voicemail message, as they are monitored and responded to! BrightView has been instructed to only communicate with Community Managers.
- BrightView will begin snow removal operations after two (2) inches of snow has accumulated on paved surfaces or at the discretion of the community.
- Parking spaces will be truck bladed to the extent that parked vehicles permit (at least three unoccupied parking spaces in a row) during the original plowing service. Roadways will be plowed curb to curb, or as close to the curb, as the roadway allows.
- BrightView snowplow operators will attempt to push the snow off the roadway in smooth, continuous passes with the blades angled toward the road to not create large drifts of snow in front of parked cars; however, the contractor is not responsible for removing snow from behind/around cars after the snow removal service. This will inevitably occur each time the truck plows snow from the street, but BrightView has been cautioned to avoid this as much as possible.
- After the snow has been removed, BrightView will use rock salt on the drivelanes and parking areas and ice melt for the sidewalks.
- Snow should never be shoveled onto streets, sidewalks, or other parking spaces. BrightView is not responsible for the removal of snow piled by residents in these areas. When shoveling or blowing snow, please place it onto grass-covered common areas. Visit the Leasing Office to borrow a spare shovel if needed.
- If you are essential personnel or are required to be available for work, please make private arrangements or park on a public or adjacent street.
- Snow removal and ice melt will not be applied to your patio area during winter months by BrightView of the community. Under the provisions of your lease, it is your responsibility to keep your apartment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. This includes the patio area. Failure to do so will be at your own risk.
All trash should be placed in plastic bags and disposed of at the Central Waste Facility. This facility is available 24/7 for Bonnie Ridge residents only and is located at the Copper Ridge Drive entrance to the property.
Bulk items should never be disposed of outside of waste enclosures or left on community grounds. Please do not place any trash in halls, stairways, balconies, or laundry rooms. Doing so may create a favorable environment for pests.